Sunday, May 6, 2007

Things looking up?

I dare say I feel a little better today. Not good, mind you, but better anyway. Passable. I can now handle dealing with the world, although I found that I am no match for Franny on a Target shopping binge. Mizz and I decided that it was just best to stay out of her way. I also managed to move some furniture around and even lug a big TV downstairs. Some of us don't have flat screens yet. One day I'll tell the Mizz about the old days when we had 120 pound televisions that were almost 2 feet deep. Nope, none of that hanging on the wall stuff for us. And they were old-fashioned low-def. 1080i widescreen? You wish. Only if you stacked them 4 wide and 3 high. That's right; we had LDTV and we were happy, dammit. And you know why? Because we didn't have what your grandfathers had. They had to sit in the snow and watch other cavemen paint on the wall really fast. In black and white! This was especially boring during commercials, which is the only reason they had time to invent fire and the wheel and civilization and stuff.

Anyway, enough of that. The point is, I'm back in the world with a mere sinus infection, which seems like a vast improvement over the last couple days.

We ate out this evening at a new pan-asian eatery called Wei Wei (What does that mean?). Don't get excited. It's one step up from fast food and it's in the Home Depot parking lot. It was pretty decent though. Franny loved some eggplant thing she got, the Mizz decided he liked lo mein noodles once he learned how to wrangle them, and I got a spicy chicken thing so I could taste it. My fortune was "Your sports team will be very successful this year." I don't really have a sports team, so if anyone is interested, I'm willing to rent my enthusiasm for a price. However, it sounds like I only get one team, so it will have to go to the highest bidder. Also, my lucky numbers are 3, 6, 14, 23, 36, and 49. I'd be happy to split 50-50 with someone who wants to sponsor a lottery ticket. I'm guessing it won't work if you use these numbers yourself, since they were on my fortune. Gitcherown fortune cookie.

No comments: