Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!

To all the mothers in my life, a heartfelt thank you for all you do. This is meant for everyone but is especially aimed at Tutu, who did such a great job with me, and Franny, who is proving to be every bit as good with my own kid.

Franny and I (and the Mizz of course) spent the morning hanging out with a very expectant 2nd time mother friend of ours. She's officially due in three weeks, but she was pretty early last time and is pretty much ready to be done now.

Franny got the obligatory flowers, but they came in the form of a boatload of seeds to expand our garden. She also got some tomato seeds and a large planter to grow them in. These are definitely for her. I prefer my tomatoes in the pizza sauce or ketchup forms. This evening I got to add the elbow grease to the present and get to work tearing up our yard. I always forget the poor quality of our soil based on the number of rocks in it. Franny and the Mizz helped load rocks into a bucket. The Mizz occasionally decided it was much more fun to take the rocks back out of the bucket and drop them over the fence onto the sidewalk, and Franny got some exercise running around the fence a bunch of times to retrieve them. Right now we just have some bare dirt with at least the big rocks removed. Now we just have to wait a little while for something to start growing. We're hoping for flowers, but based on my track record, I'm thinking weeds. We'll see what happens.

We also got another tidbit of good Mothers Day tidings. Marketing Mommy's sister Eleanor just had her first today. In an odd bit of irony, she's currently living in Australia, so I'm not sure a) whether Mother's Day is celebrated down under, or b) due to the dateline, exactly which "today" it even was. But congratulations anyway, and we'll give you credit for good timing.

No comments: