Saturday, May 5, 2007

Eating toast shouldn't be such a big effort

Yesterday sucked. I couldn't finish a second piece of toast because it was more work than it was worth. Pathetic. Walking up and even down stairs was a chore too. Mostly I just laid around watching movies. The first two Lord of the Rings movies and some subtitled Chinese sword fighting/westernish thing. It doesn't matter, since I mostly slept through them anyway. I also had a raging headache by the evening. I was a little better off this morning, so I was able to at least keep Mizz out of too much trouble while Franny was out, but I fell asleep again as soon as she got home. The stomach seems to be happier, but I still have a nasty sinus cold, so nothing tastes good. I now have the strength to get through toast, but it might as well be cardboard for all I can taste.

The only benefit to all this is that I haven't had much caffiene the last couple days. 2 1/2 cans of soda. Typically over a couple days, I would have had at least 4 cups of coffee and 3 or 4 cans of soda, maybe much more depending on the day. I like to get away from the need for all that. If I can get down to maybe a cup of coffee in the morning and nothing else, I'd be happy. I don't mind a little bit, but I don't like being completely addicted. I'd like to be a casual user who only drinks coffee for the taste. Right now I'm a pathetic junky who can't move without it and who's always looking for his next fix.

No comments: