Saturday, August 25, 2007

Funny what you find on your desk

Just cleaning up my desk and I come across half a page from the Oregonian newspaper. I think it was not too long ago, but I can't be sure. I save and squirrel away too much stuff and I can't quite tell why I kept this. However, it did have an interesting factoid on it.

Apparently, Portland ranks number one as the most courteous city, displaying the least amount of road rage, according the "In the Driver's Seat Road Rage Survey" commissioned by AutoVantage. We are followed by Pittsburgh and Seattle/Tacoma as number 2 and 3, respectively. The least courteous were Miami, New York, and Boston. I can't speak for Boston, but I can see the other two easily. What I wonder is how Washington, DC didn't take the worst honor away with flying colors. Even after enduring the endless horns and middle fingers of New York, I've still always found DC area drivers to be much more self-centered and furious about it.

(Now I can get rid of the paper. What fun.)

No comments: