Saturday, March 3, 2007

More Reviews

I saw a couple more movies this week.

Fantastic Four: I saw this movie in Eugene Monday night on HBO. For free. I still think I got ripped off. I'm not sure what my problem is. I was never a big comic book guy, but I did like the ideas behind some of the stories, so I still want the movie adaptations to be good. The problem is that they rarely are. This one is no exception. Lots of special effects and such, but not much else. So of course it made a lot of money and has a sequel coming and I'll probably end up seeing that too sometime. I'm an idiot. The thing is, it's exactly what I expected, but I watched it anyway. Kind of like rubbernecking. If you haven't seen this yet, don't bother. If you have, feel sorry for me.

The Departed: This was excellent. Maybe not best picture excellent, but damn good anyway, and what the hell, Scorsese's had this coming for years. Franny and I both enjoyed this and I would definitely recommend it. Maybe not for Tutu, but for anyone else.

No comments: