Friday, February 23, 2007

Bionic Mizzle

I fully admit that Franny beat me to the bionic thing blogwise, but I'm not sure who thought of it first. (Full disclosure: she has some disagreement with this. She accuses me of being drunk.) Mizz got his ear tubes today, and we both thought bionic was a good description. I thought the image was enhanced by the pulse oximeter probe that was taped to his finger but not attached to a machine when we got him back and by the ecg probe that was still attached to his side when we got home. Despite anesthesia and lack of food all morning, he seems to have recovered quite well. If anything, he was screeching at least as loud as before. It was sort of fun to watch the after-effects of the anesthesia and sedative. For a few hours, he was acting pretty drunk. Sometimes he was mad that he couldn't do things that should have been easy, but mostly he was unaware of how comically inept he was. I managed to keep him from hurting himself, but it wasn't for lack of his trying. By the time he went to bed though, he seemed to be in pretty good shape. I expect him to be quoting Shakespeare by Monday.

No comments: