Sunday, June 3, 2007

Treasures from Tutu

The Mizz got a package from Tutu yesterday. (For those who might not know, tutu means grandmother in Hawaiian and is what my mother likes to go by. She isn't Hawaiian, but she fell in love with the name when we lived there 25 years ago and had to wait a long time before she got to use it.) This is what was in the box. As always, click a picture for a bigger version.


This is a something that my mother made for the Mizz. She has made a wonderful habit of making a special personalized stitchery for each of her grandkids. Mizz was the sixth of seven so far, and I'm guessing (and she's hoping) she'll have more to do in the future. (I fuzzed out his name. Anyone who needs to know it already does, or at least knows someone who does.)



These are pictures of me at about the Mizz's age. She thought it might be fun to have them around for comparison. The second one has a bunch of bubble wrap stuffed in the top to hold the glass in place since it's too short. I guess they couldn't cut glass very well in the 70's. Maybe they had poor vision, which would also explain my little baby leisure suit.

There was also a two foot tall coloring book. It was noted as being "from Grandpa's basement", but the note was in Tutu's handwriting. I don't have any idea how far back this book goes. It's yellowed, so it's been around a while, but it has a Toys-R-Us sticker on it, so I assume it wasn't mine.

Thanks for the treasures Tutu. The stitchery is already hanging in his room. Not sure where my pics will go, but I'm sure they'll find a home. I was exceptionally cute.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice surprise on Dave's Blog this morning! Glad the pkg arrived in fine style and hope the little guy will enjoy it as he grows up. Already have two more stiticheries in production for the his little boy cousins And, yes, hopefully I'll have even a few more to do in upcoming years!

Love from the Tutu :)