Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Welcome Home Mama

Franny got back last night. I was happy to see her, but it was late, she was jet lagged, and I pretty much got, "Hi Dave. I'm happy to see you, but I'm going to bed now. I'll talk to you in the morning?" No big deal. I was still happy to have her home.

The Mizz took her return in stride. This morning, when I came downstairs after my shower, he was playing with Franny and looked up at me long enough to smile and say, "Bye bye Daddy," before returning to his toys. I was fine when I was the only option, I guess, but Mama's back now, so see ya later.

The Mizz and I survived our four days just fine. I figured we would. I'm very happy to have Franny back though, not the least for the adult conversation. The Mizz is fun and cute and all, but not exactly intellectually stimulating. I can only build so many Lego towers, make so many Play-Doh snakes, and force feed so many toddlers before I have to challenge my brain at least a little bit now and then.

Plus I like having Franny around. Chicago (Si-ca-do according to Mizz) is too far away.

No comments: