Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cool new blogger feature

Blogger just introduced something that I stumbled on yesterday. If you comment on a blog hosted on Blogger (like mine for instance) and you send the comment while signed in with a Google account, you can opt to have further comments to that post emailed to you. This seems like a very cool way to turn a single random comment into a conversation.

I personally have a habit of reading a post, leaving a comment, and then forgetting about it completely. Sometimes it would be nice to get a response to a comment or to see what other people have to say, and then have the chance to add something else. I used to have to remember to check back again, which happened far too rarely. There is WAY too much information flowing in my DSL line to remember everything that was interesting.

You've always (for a long time anyway) been able to subscribe to an RSS feed for the post, but I have gobs of feeds already, and that's just another thing to remember to check. Now I can get it stuck in my face by Google, but more importantly, only if I want to.

You have to have a Google account to use this feature, but last I checked, they're still giving them away for free. (Note: you don't have to be using gmail. They will send it to whatever email you give them when you register for an account.)

I'm blogging about blogging. How full of myself am I?

No comments: