Saturday, September 8, 2007

Knick Knacks

It's been slow blogging lately. I've been busy and other things have seemed more important. However, in order to keep from becoming too stale, I bring you a cartoon that caught my eye. This struck a chord for some reason.



I'm not sure just who I'm thinking of when I see this. Although I grew up in a house full of collectibles (including hummel figurines), I myself have been known to have a few dust magnets too. If my wife had her way, everything that isn't nailed down would be in the trash after a week of not being directly used. I, on the other hand, can't throw away anything that doesn't currently include rotting food. Everything else might have some use and you never know when you might need it and the stores will be closed and China will stop making them and there will suddenly become a black market for them, but I'll have one. And then you'll understand. You'll see. It could happen...

Maybe this is why we have some ugly tension around cleaning up/sorting time.

I'm also not sure what it says about me that I noticed a "Pickles" cartoon. As best I can tell, I'm not it's target audience. Although what if I am...? Scary.

1 comment:

Grandpa Phil said...

Hey, "Pickles" is a great comic strip for grandpas! And, in my opinion (which is not shared by everyone in my household) saving things that are, may become, or could be useful, or are of interest, is sound strategy.