Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Happy Belated Birthday to Me!

The 10th was my birthday, but I guess I didn't have much to say then. It was actually a fairly low key day. No big deal since I had already had 2 birthday cakes. (I did save a piece for the actual day though.) A couple friends came up Saturday with their two little ones and I shared a cake with the Mizz and another July toddler. It was an excellent cake with homemade chocolate mouse as frosting and homemade chocolate ganache drizzled over the top. On Sunday, we had a few people over for pizza and Franny made me her special spice cake with non-special frosting. Normally when she makes it for me, she makes Kahlua frosting, but in deference to the toddlers and the pregnant woman in attendance, she just made really good non-Kahlua but insanely sweet frosting. It was still excellent, and it was nice to have friends over to share it with.

35 seems like it should be some kind of momentous birthday, but it doesn't feel that way. Maybe it's because I feel more like a 20-something masquerading as a 35-year-old. I'm running around acting like and adult, but it doesn't feel right. If only I could figure out what I want to be when I grow up...

On the plus side, at 35 I can now be elected president. Keep that in mind when you go to the polls next year. I'm pretty sure most states accept write-ins. I figure I could stumble into the white house blind drunk and do at least as well as the current occupant. If I tried it sober, I'd probably come off looking like George Washington in comparison.

No comments: