Friday, April 13, 2007

Hi

It's been a long week. I went out to Colorado for a couple days for Aunt Gin's funeral. It was a Catholic service, so a little out of my normal realm. But it was very moving and I don't think there was a dry eye in the place -- definitely not mine anyway. I'm glad I was able to make it out there. Ginny was one of my favorite family members (if you're allowed to have favorites) and we've always been close to her and her family. It was good to see everyone, even if the circumstances weren't what I would have liked. Anyway, she's now got a very scenic place at the top of a hill overlooking huge swaths of Colorado. She's about 15 minutes from where she lived and was concerned (in her tongue-in-cheek way) that nobody would come out there and visit her. She didn't need to worry about that.

Since then I've just been busy working. Take a few days off, and the work still keeps piling up.

On a lighter note, I ran across an article in Wired, "What Would Jesus Wiki?". It is about "A conservative encyclopedia you can trust." Conservapedia is a conservative (read "way-far-right Christian") answer to Wikipedia, which it claims has a far too liberal bias to be trusted. The Wired article notes some of its much more "trustworthy" claims and links to lots of other folks who find it amusing as well. The links are definitely worth checking out.

No comments: