Wednesday, March 26, 2008

True Portland Kid

Sitting down for dinner, I grabbed one of my favorite beverages, the wonderful juice of the barley. Thanks to fatherhood, that happens far too rarely these days, so I enjoy one when I can. Anyway, the Mizz sees the bottle and pipes in with, "Daddy sing the beer song???" Apparently I quote Homer Simpson more frequently than Julie Andrews.

In case you're unfamiliar, here is the beer song. I can't vouch for the exact right words, but this is the version that the Mizz hears.

Dough, the stuff that buys me beer,
Ray, the guys who sells me beer,
Me, the guy who drinks the beer,
Far, a long way from my beer,
So, I'll have another beer,
La, la la la la la beer,
Tea, no thanks, I'll have a beer,
And that brings us back to, DOH!

2 comments:

Franny said...

I might have to revoke your "babysitting" "privileges" if you keep singing that to my son. Although with almost everything these days he asks for a song for it.

Grandpa Phil said...

Is there a pretzel song?

I'll see if we can bring some hempzels with us when we visit.